Bringing Baby Home

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stepping Stones

I am happy to report that we are slowly stepping through the paper part of the process. Today I met the social worker who is doing our homestudy. She's so sweet, and I'm so glad that she's the one working with us! Bad news is that she is only working there for one more month. So, she'll be doing our interviews and another woman will do our home visit and write up our homestudy. Anyway, I turned in all our homestudy application paperwork today, and that is a huge load off my mind! The application checklist was 18 items long, and it seemed to take FOREVER to get through it! But, it's done now. :)

Also on the list of happy things is that we are practically done with our dossier, too. We have one more document that we are waiting on to be mailed back to us that needs to be included in the dossier. Now, we can't actually turn it in until our homestudy is completed, but just having our part of the dossier done will wash a huge wave of relief over me. We're working through the process, and I'm feeling good! Come on, sweet baby!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hope Symes said...

I am really happy to hear that you are getting your paperwork in. Before you know it you will have another little one. You guys are such great people!!

March 5, 2009 at 9:44 PM  
Blogger Marge said...

I am praying for you all the time. I am so glad you have gotten so much done. I can't wait to meet my new grandson. I will love him just as I do Brenner. I believe in spreading the love and can't wait till you bring the new one home. Yea. I love you and you are in my thoughts often these days even though you are so far away. Know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you and your family
marge

March 6, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Just found your blog from the Holt group database :) Sounds like we are in the same stage of things, we are also just waiting for our home study to be wrapped up. Maybe we'll travel together down the road, who knows? Best wishes as you finish up this stage of the process! I've added your blog to my reading list, so I'll be sure to keep up!

March 7, 2009 at 8:58 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Pearce Photography said...

Hooray for progress!! :) The ball is really going to start rolling here soon and before you know it you will be going nutso breaking up arguments, feeding and chasing after two crazy boys. :) And loving it! ;) Love you so much.

March 11, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home