Bringing Baby Home

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Homestudy Approved

Our homestudy was approved by our adoption agency today. That's good news! We're working to finish up some parent training that is required for international adoption and must be completed before our dossier can be finalized. I have to admit, I'm pretty frustrated with our adoption agency, because they never told us that we needed to do this training. Our social worker had to tell us. We would have had it done months ago if we had known. I feel like our agency hasn't really helped us with anything. When we were researching agencies, I was looking for one that would do a little bit of handholding, as I was not very familiar with all the ins and outs of international adoption. It seems like we've had to figure everything out on our own, or by using the message boards, or friends or our social worker. Now, that's not to say that I don't think Holt is a great, ethical, and expediant agency. They are. I've only heard wonderful things about them, I guess I was just looking for something different from our agency. Oh well! Frustrations are sure to come and go through out this process!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Harvey Family said...

Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you and the homestudy being approved. I understand your frustrations with the agency, we are praying for you. Love you guys,
Anna

April 23, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home