Bringing Baby Home

Thursday, April 30, 2009


Well, I mailed our Dossier in yesterday. It was the funniest thing, handing it over to the lady at FedEx, I felt a little nauseous. Thinking about all of the hours of work that went into getting all these papers from all of these different sources, and the fact that all of the originals were in this envelope... I just don't want anything getting lost or damaged in the mail! :) So, soon we will hear from our agency what number we are on the waitlist... crazy that we're at this point now! It's going faster than I realized, kind of how at your babies second birthday you look back and think "Where did the time go? How did we get here so fast?!" Yeah, that's how I'm feeling! I'm getting ready to mail in some immigration paperwork and will be SO glad to have that out of the way!

4 Comments:

Blogger Marge said...

WOW Sarah,

YEA!!! I know that you are so happy to have all of this done. You guys have put in some time and work to get it done. I am so happy for you and hope you are high on the wait list and it won't be a long wait. I really miss you all its hard not to be able to see you and to watch Brenner growing up. I am thankful for the time we do get to spend with you. Soon you will be a family of four and there will be on more Feeney. I am so happy and excited for your family. Love and Kisses to you all.

Love Marge

April 30, 2009 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Momma C said...

I know that nauseous feeling well. Congrats on getting it done!!!!- It's always a relief to finally hand it off to Fed Ex (although the feeling of handing off the dossier is nothing compared to how you will guard the "brown envelope" from the Embassy on the way home from Ethiopia) From the last email it sounds like the waitlist is getting smaller. Won't be long now.......

April 30, 2009 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Our journey to Ethiopia said...

Wow! I also know that feeling, so a great feeling to be done with it but also a little scary. I also agree about the "brown envelope" we guarded that envelope with our life. I hope the wait is not long until you get to lay your eyes on your new son.

May 2, 2009 at 7:38 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Yeah for you guys! It is such a great feeling to send of that dossier :) By the way, Holt doesn't typically tell you what "number" you are on the wait list... you have to ask them. At least that has been the case with us, and with a few others who are on the wait list right now. They will email you though to tell you that they received everything. I'm so excited for you!!

May 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home