Bringing Baby Home

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

God's Timing

We got an email from our agency today informing us that we did not pass our court hearing. All that means is that we have to wait longer. Apparently, the MOWA (Ministry of Women's Affairs) failed to provide a vital piece of paperwork to the court. The MOWA is in charge of adoptions in Ethiopia, they provide written support of the adoption to the courts, and provide letters to the US Embassy allowing them to issue the child a visa. We have had another court case scheduled and get to take another stab at it on the 23rd of December.

I cannot complain that we didn't pass. When I prayed about our court case, I asked the Father that He would help us pass the first try, and if we didn't pass that He would bless me with peace. He answered my prayer, not in passing (which is what I really would have liked!) but by giving me peace and allowing me to trust in His timing. The peace He has blessed me with throughout this whole adoption process has been beyond amazing. I feel no worry about any of the hiccups we've encountered, and that is awesome. He has grown me through this process, and now He's stretching me a little further.

Here's to the 23rd!

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about the delay, but praise God for the peace He is giving you. Being streched just gets you in better shape, right?

Love ya!

November 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger The Earnhardt Family said...

Those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings like eagles and sore! Praying that you get to soar today.

November 25, 2009 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow I prayed every hour that day for you guys. I am sorry to hear as well but hey December that would be the best christmas present ever. I love you and will continue to keep you in my prayers.

November 26, 2009 at 1:32 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Pearce Photography said...

Bummer! I am more impatient than you are lol, Lord, please send me some of that peace! ;)
His timing is perfect in every way, His peace passes all understanding. Its amazing to think in a year or two this will all be a distant memory, and instead Bear will be here with you, stirring up trouble with his crazy toddler antics. I pray this next hearing will pass! Love you all.

November 27, 2009 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Tamara B said...

hoping that the next court date is soo and you pass. last night my son told me that God doesn't always answer prayers. I informed him that God does indeed answer prayer but that God doesn't always say "yes" to our requests.

December 4, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home